Ayla Mellani, Founding Mother and Director of Chrysalis Woman, has been mentoring and empowering women for close to two decades.
She is devoted to the Rising Feminine in each and every Sister, believing that in order to change the world, women need to become the Change We Wish To See.
Having traveled through her own Heroine’s Journey (Read Ayla's story here), she now guides women home to the Mother and Each Other through healing journeys of remembrance and reclamation of their Sacred Divinity, HERstory, Womb Wisdom and Ancestral WomanCraft.
She is an Ordained Dianic High Priestess, Herbalist, Birth Doula, Master Gardener and WomanCraft Practitioner and her Heart’s desire to be of service to the Feminine has wombanifested in so many ways:
* She’s lead monthly Women’s Goddess Circles under the fullness of the Moon, where Sisters traveled from all over the state to gather, remember and reclaim the embodiment of and fullest expression of their sacred selves, believing once again in the power of Sisterhood.
* She created and taught year long Initiate and Circle Priestess Programs, reconnecting Sisters with the Earth and Moon, seasonal rhythms and the magic of WomanCraft.
* She’s brought women into her sacred kitchen and organic veggie and herbal gardens where she re-introduced the ancient and ancestral arts of seasonal, traditional food preparation, preservation and herbal medicine making.
* Always looking to create new ways in which to communicate the beauty and bounty that awaits women returning home to the Mother, she was the Creatrix and Publisher of the online CYCLES e-zine, a magazine celebrating Seasonal Living, Goddess Archetypes, and Feminine Wisdom and Wellness.
* She’s attended home and hospital birth serving her Sisters as a Birth Doula, Student Homebirth Midwife, Breastfeeding Educator and Birth Advocate, empowering them to claim Birth as the transformational rite/right of passage that it is and pave the way for peace on earth, starting with birth.
* She co-created the Birth Alliance of Central California, (a non-profit organization serving five counties that supports Mother/Baby friendly birth through informed consent options, evidence based care and by offering education, support and resources to the communities) and gave of her time serving on the board of this organization as President for 2 years.
* She helped midwife into creation her local Calaveras County Breastfeeding Coalition and served on its board as President.
* Feeling the need to rally her community in support of Birthing families and those providing birth and support services rooted in the Rising Feminine, she created and published the local BIRTH PAGES print periodical, (distributed throughout five counties) bringing all of the local birth resources together for supportive collaboration and birth revolution.
* She’s been honored with creating and facilitating many “Blessing the Way” ceremonies for women in her community that ritualize and celebrate women’s rites/rights of passage for menarche (a young girl’s first blood); pregnancy & birth (honoring the creation of a mother and the sacred passage through birth) as well as women seeking to heal and reconnect to their monthly “moon” menstrual time.
* She’s created and sold locally organic, handcrafted Herbals for all of Women’s Sacred Cycle Wellness from her herbal gardens that she lovingly tends herself and participated in the creation and organization of the local tri-county wide Foothill Plant Medicine Collective.
* She’s gathered together local families who were interested in living sustainably for monthly potlucks, sharing of experiences and the raising of community awareness around sustainability and environmentalism.
She continues expanding her knowledge and experience in Ancestral Feminine Wisdom, Wholistic Well Woman care and Womb Medicine Wisdom as taught in the Wise Woman Way, expanding her herbal gardens and passionately pursues her dream of developing a Wise Woman Center.
Personally, she loves growing flower/veggie & herb gardens, dancing in all forms, yoga, making herbals with the green allies, devouring books, and continues to strive for a self sufficient, sustainable, cyclical, abundant Goddess life.